. . .

3.11.2010

lecons de la vie

A few days ago, I glanced out the kitchen window and saw this going on in the backyard...












Somewhere along the way, L has picked up on how to swing on a swing! Just as with a few choice words he's also picked up, I had virtually no hand in teaching this to him. When I was a young mom, I used to fancy myself as the dispenser of all knowledge. Now I know way less than I used to and they know way more than I realize...like how to swing on a swing. Where did that come from? Now I often don't enter the picture until after they've learned something, and my role is increasingly reduced to confirmer and/or dispeller of everything they soak up from the world around them. I think I'm okay with this. So when L asked me this week, "Mom, is 'shet' still a bad word today?', I answered with equanimity, "Yes, 'shet' is still a bad word."

0 Comments: