. . .

9.14.2009

il court et nous suivons

Somehow, over the years, J has become the "trailblazer" and I the "sweeper." And if you ever chance to join our family on an outing, for sure you'll hear me shout ahead, "J, wait up!" I guess he isn't a mother hen, and I suppose I dawdle (more likely one of the chickadees). Though at times we are probably equally annoyed to look ahead (me) and look back (him) to discover how far apart we are, it works out in the end. After all, someone's gotta get our wagon train rolling, and someone's gotta make sure all wagons are accounted for.

So naturally, when he sprinted ahead to run the mother of all relays, I gathered the flock and drove to catch up with him.


My dream of surprising him with a sign and cookies and a
cheering section died in traffic. So this isn't a shot of him running
his leg of the relay...it's better. It's him running to meet us...soon
after his first leg.




A bag of "Mary's" cookies that C whipped up and I baked &
a last-minute homemade sign that C and I designed and painted





J & a few teammates. Right after this shot, we realized that a local
weatherman and camerman were right behind me. Jones told J that
she saw me on the 5 o'clock news. There went my 15 seconds.







1 Comment:

Jason said...

Pretty dorky first picture but great first paragraph. Keep up the good work. Love you!