At Zumba today, we cooled down to "Seasons of Life" from "Rent." The song is all about how you measure a year of your life and what makes it meaningful to you. So there I was: bending and stretching and listening and thinking...almost on the verge of tears. I just felt so much gratitude and love for my life and my family. Fortunately, I kept it together and moved on to our ab exercises, saving myself from embarrassment and questions.
At the beginning of this month, Jason and I celebrated our birthdays, both good occasions to reflect on this season of our life. With 14 years of marriage under our belt next month, four kids, and even a dog, we're no longer newlyweds, yet we're not quite middle aged either. We will have a child who can drive in 4-1/2 short years, and our "baby" is four. As of yesterday, Jason is serving in our bishopric. I'm beginning to pluck my grays, and Jas can't even count his.
We are growing old together...and it is full of love and goodness and wonder. I am loving this season of our lives.
The girls
0 Comments:
Post a Comment